OpportunitiesCAMC Mission: Accelerate collaboration among local leaders and build a robust and enduring manufacturing ecosystem
A CAMC membership offers:
- Increased knowledge of industries best practices by networking with innovative and forward-thinking peers at CAMC meetings
- Tools to build a strong workforce, such as outreach to Michigan’s youth, access to local compensation information and securing training dollars for CAMC members
- Awareness of opportunities with CAMC ‘s official partners: CAMW, LCC, MMTC and LEAP, as well as other local and statewide manufacturing-specific organizations (Intermediate School Districts, WDA, MEDC, etc.)
- Access to area experts and meaningful agendas for both the executive and workforce groups
- Activities, events and networking
In 2017, we had several accomplishments to report:
- Secured $1.29 MILLION for CAMC members to train and hire workers via the Skilled Trades Training Fund
- Hosted 49 industry tours on Manufacturing Day, highlighting the manufacturing industry and the great jobs available! Twenty-one schools from 5 different counties (1,000+ students) were exposed to local manufacturers, LCC's Center for Manufacturing Excellence and Impression 5 on one historic day!
- Thirty-four local manufacturers participated in the CAMC Compensation & Benefits Survey, which produces a coveted report for local manufacturers annually.
- Added 9 new members: Neogen, Dart Container, Spartan Dental Lab, Superior Asset Recovery, Loc Performance Products, Mercantile Bank, Loomis Law, Plante Moran and PNC Bank.
- CAMC’s 4th Annual Dinner & Celebration: The pinnacle of this event is the CAMC Member Awards Ceremony, which recognizes the outstanding leaders in our community with who have contributed to the success of CAMC and the local manufacturing industry.
- Partnered with MSU to identify factors associated with employee retention. Over 850 employees of CAMC members participated in the CAMC/MSU Retention Study.
Please contact our executive director, Michelle Cordano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-492-5588 to join the CAMC!