OpportunitiesCAMC Mission: Accelerate collaboration among local leaders and build a robust and enduring manufacturing ecosystem
A CAMC membership offers:
- Increased knowledge of industries best practices by networking with innovative and forward-thinking peers at CAMC meetings
- Tools to build a strong workforce, such as outreach to Michigan’s youth, access to local compensation information and securing training dollars for CAMC members
- Awareness of opportunities with CAMC ‘s official partners: CAMW, LCC, MMTC and LEAP, as well as other local and statewide manufacturing-specific organizations (Intermediate School Districts, WDA, MEDC, etc.)
- Access to area experts and meaningful agendas for both the executive and workforce groups
- Activities, events and networking
In 2016, we had several accomplishments to report:
- Secured $761,824 for CAMC members to train and hire workers via the Skilled Trades Training Fund
- Hosted 37 industry tours on Manufacturing Day, highlighting the manufacturing industry and the great jobs available! Eighteen schools from 5 different counties (1,000+ students) were exposed to local manufacturers (CAMC members), LCC and Impression 5 on one historic day!
- Partnered with WLNS-TV6 for the 2nd year to develop and implement a regional awareness and communications strategy to promote manufacturing careers – CAMC’s Michigan Manufacturing Connect!
- Thirty-four local manufacturers participated in the CAMC Compensation & Benefits Survey, which produces a coveted report for local manufacturers annually.
- Added 4 new members: Triton Industries, Tenneco, GSE Machining and Fabrication and Gestamp!
- CAMC’s 3rd Annual Dinner & Celebration: The pinnacle of this event is the CAMC Member Awards Ceremony, which recognizes the outstanding leaders in our community with who have contributed to the success of CAMC and the local manufacturing industry.
Please contact our executive director, Michelle Cordano at email@example.com or 517-492-5588 to join the CAMC!